ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
This individual focuses on remotely assisting CloudIT customers with some on-site travel required. Service Orders (SO) which are assigned to this individual are more complex, less routine, multiple functions of operation. This individual works on more than one task at a time and manages work effectively within the Technical Assistance Center (TAC) and on-site requirements. This individual will rely on established procedures, criteria, best practice, and other standards to accomplish tasks. Non-routine questions and problems are escalated to SA3/Senior SA.
The SA2 is responsible for fielding all inbound CloudIT customer tickets and SO’s while maintaining Service Level Agreements (SLA) and will travel to resolve/complete issues or projects at customer sites. The SA2 provides general and routine technical support to a broad range of customer environments, application and Operating Systems (OS). It is required that the SA2 has the ability to research, analyze, and solve problems effectively to meet established performance metrics and SLA’s.
- Provide mid-high level remote/on-site support for end user operating systems (e.g. XP, Vista, 7).
- Provide low-mid-level level support for server infrastructures (e.g. Server 2003, 2008, 2012).
- Provide low-level support for server applications (e.g. Exchange, AD).
- Provide remote support for end user applications and peripherals (e.g. MS Office, Printers, and Scanners). This may include custom and/or proprietary applications.
- Proactive monitoring of client end user nodes and servers.
- Proactive monitoring of client networks.
- Provide notification and escalation for maintenance and outage activity.
- Manage and triage multiple incident cases. Qualify and prioritize issues.
- Answer incoming TAC inquiries promptly, politely and professionally to ensure high quality of service.
- Follow prescribed procedures and document all work performed within CRM.
- Availability for rotation based on-call (nightly and weekends).
- All other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Associates degree in computer science or related fields or equivalent combination of education, certification, and experience.
- A+, Net+ and/or MTA, MCSA would be preferred but not a requirement.
- Minimum of 3 year experience in a related role requiring confidentiality, timelines, customer service, organization, prioritization, troubleshooting, analysis, problem solving, and working independently to successfully maintain Windows Servers and clients.
- Knowledge of the basic understanding of TCP/IP V4/6 networks.
- Demonstrated ability to leverage appropriate technical tools to perform day-to-day administration tasks, root-cause analysis and service restoration.
- Familiarity with current computer technology and applications (e.g. word processing, spreadsheet, and collaboration applications).
- MAC OSX preferred but not required.
- BYOD Technologies preferred but not required.
- Reliable transportation to be used daily. TWNS will provide vehicles when/where applicable.
POSITION SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
- IT experience in a live environment and understanding technical support impact of CloudIT client’s business.
- Work under stress to meet scheduled deadlines; execute daily tasks necessary to achieve outlined objectives with minimal supervision.
- Possess significant understanding of production, mission-critical, revenue-dependent, 24X7 infrastructures, including ecommerce or financial systems and network devices.