Nonprofit sets the stage for seamless communication rollout across national chapter network
PHOENIX, Arizona – October 13, 2010
- Mitel® (NASDAQ: MITL), a leading provider of unified communications software solutions, today announced that the Make-a-Wish Foundation has selected and deployed the Mitel Communications Director (MCD), Mitel Applications Suite (MAS) and several complementary applications at its headquarters in Phoenix.
- With approximately 100 employees, the Make-A-Wish Foundation of America needed a communications system to improve staff connectivity and efficiency while still reducing costs.
- The National Office supports 65 Make-A-Wish® chapters across the United States and more than 25,000 volunteers. Providing high availability to its constituents is an important part of the Foundation’s mandate; it’s essential that all workers are able to work from any location without interruption, and able to access voicemail, e-mail and business applications.
- With the deployment of MCD, Make-A-Wish employees have access to leading business-communications applications, providing unified e-mail and voicemail, with embedded conferencing capabilities.
- The Make-A-Wish Foundation of America has deployed Mitel Dynamic Extension, which is embedded within MCD. With Dynamic Extension, employees take their desk-phone features with them, ensuring no call goes unanswered with single-number reachability and the option to push office calls to any mobile device or home office phone.
- Along with MCD, the Make-A-Wish Foundation of America has also selected the Mitel Application Suite to leverage the following applications: Mitel Unified Communicator® (UC) Express, Mitel Audio and Web Conferencing (AWC) and Mitel NuPoint Unified Messaging™(UM) to maintain employee accessibility and availability.
- With approximately 25 percent of all headquarter employees working remotely, the Make-A-Wish Foundation of America selected the Mitel Teleworker Solution on MAS to leverage the ability to collaborate seamlessly across multiple locations in addition to cutting down on travel costs.
- With Mitel’s solutions rolled out in the Make-A-Wish Foundation’s headquarters in Arizona, the Foundation is also considering a full deployment to its 65 independent chapter offices around the United States to bring full connectivity and centralized communication to the whole organization.
- The solution was designed and installed by Trans-West Network Solutions, a Mitel authorizedPARTNER based in Arizona.
“The mission of the Make-A-Wish Foundation is enabled in large part when the employees, volunteers, families and donors are able to be in ready contact on an as-needed basis. Selecting Mitel gives the Foundation a simplified, centralized communication infrastructure. This means that as the organization continues to grow and expand, the scalability and ease-of-use of the selected Mitel solutions and applications will help drive the Make-A-Wish Foundation as it serves its community at large.”
—Stephen Beamish, VP Marketing and Business Development, Mitel
“In our business, it’s crucial that we’re connected around the clock; we never want to miss a call from a donor or wish family. This suite of solutions from Mitel means we’re able to connect our employees, regardless of location, and ensure a complete, unified messaging experience. Coupled with an easy and fast rollout and multiple applications that help manage our business, the whole experience with Mitel and Trans-West allows us to offer timely service to the families we exist to serve.”
—Jim Toy, Chief Information Officer, Make-A-Wish Foundation
About the Make-A-Wish Foundation
The Make-A-Wish Foundation grants the wishes of children with life-threatening medical conditions to enrich the human experience with hope, strength and joy. Founded in 1980 when a group of caring volunteers helped a young boy fulfill his dream of becoming a police officer, the Foundation is now the largest wish-granting charity in the world, with 65 chapters in the United States and its territories. With the help of generous donors and nearly 25,000 volunteers, the
Make-A-Wish Foundation grants a wish every 40 minutes and has granted more than 193,000 wishes in the United States since its inception. For more information about the Make-A-Wish Foundation, visit wish.org and discover how you can share the power of a wish®.
Mitel Networks (NASDAQ: MITL) is a global provider of business communications solutions and services, consisting of unified communications and collaboration software applications, IP telephony platforms, mobility applications and managed and network services. Mitel enables businesses of all sizes to move beyond basic fixed telephony tools toward integrated multi-media collaboration solutions, accessible from anywhere, helping to improve performance, gain competitive advantage, and reduce costs. Mitel’s global headquarters are in Ottawa, Canada, US headquarters are in Chandler, Arizona and EMEA headquarters are in Caldicot, UK, with offices, partners, and resellers worldwide. Visit http://www.mitel.com for more information.
To download this as a PDF, click here.